March 24, 2009
Evacuation!!
So today I was evacuated from my home! It was scary I knew i was in no danger but still it was something I never thought would happen to me. There were some workers digging less than a mile away and they hit a natural gas line the whole university of utah campus was evacuated. I left before the fire department came and told me to because knowing me I would have cried when they came because I was home alone and scared so when I saw the firetruck pull up and people start leaving I grabbed water bottles, cell phone chargers, and some food and jumped in my car and left before I could be told not to use my car. I dont know why I grabbed those things because I was not going to the evacuation center at east high but in an emergency those are the things I grabbed along with three coats and 2 hoodies which it wasn't even cold today so I can only assume I was not thinking straight. I went and got Dallin and we went to his aunt and uncles house in north salt lake to wait out the evacuation. they fed us and let us watch the news until the evacuation was lifted around 8. I knew our home would be safe and that we would be fine but still when you are smelling gas that strongly and you are told to leave your home there is a terrible feeling that runs through your body. We are home now and everything is fine but that is one experience that I hope I never have to go through again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment