November 2, 2010

Turkeys

I am not a fan of turkeys!! I like to eat them because they wanted to eat me! But other than that they smell and are a mean animal!! Now that we are into November I am starting to do thanksgiving projects with my kids and everything involves turkeys so my kids always tell me how much they love turkeys and they pretend to be turkeys! I do not like turkeys! for those of you who do not know the story here is how I remember it... When I was little we went somewhere that there were alot of turkeys ( I do not remember where or how old I was) i was up against a fence (I think) and a turkey bit my lip! I think I was with Carianne and she helped me clean up! It was not fun! I still have a small scar!! (I don't know how acurate this is but it is all I remember! if anyone remembers better feel free to correct me!) And so I am not a turkey lover! I am actually a little afraid of them! So today when my boys were pretending to be turkeys and one of them came over and bit me I had a major flashback to my childhood! We are now going to learn about other thanksgiving things besides turkeys (I just don't know what)!

3 comments:

Heidi Noel said...

It was at the LBJ farm. I remember that. From the beginning I was grinning as I read, knowing what was coming. Carianne was awesome! (And still is.)

Cari said...

Hahaha! Yes, it was at the LBJ farm. You were looking through the fence at the turkey's, and if I remember correctly you were blowing kisses at it, when one ran up and "kissed" you. I do remember that I felt horrible for letting it happen, but I never knew that turkeys would do that!

You should start teaching them about pilgrims and indians - they shot turkeys!

Grandma Bailey said...

I think there is even a picture of you just after that happened somewhere. You were such a cute little thing - but when it happened I told Sunshine that you would grow up scarred and scared of turkeys!
When I talked with your Mom about Christina's Thanksgiving project I told her about a website called Plimouth Plantation - it tells about the original Thanksgiving and gives lots of ideas for all ages.
Love you so much!