After church we had a bar-b-que with alot of our friends out in the court! It was so fun we were out there for like 6 hours we have so many good friends here the weather was nice and we just had a good time talking and playing games! I love living here you can just walk outside and as soon as people look out and see you more people come out and then you have a fun get together! it is almost always the same people who come out those of us who have been here more than 2 years! We are having an adults only easter egg hunt on friday night because we decided it is not fair that the kids get 3 this year and we get none it should be awesome!! I am so happy here it was just a good day!!
April 17, 2011
Wonderful day!!
Today was a wonderful day!! This morning we went to the Primary Childrens Medical Center for sacrament that is always a wonderful experience there is such a sweet spirit there! Afterwards they asked me if I could help teach primary I was so excited to have the opportunity to do that I did nursery so we went around and sang primary songs with the children they were so sweet and so full of love and hope we taught 2 kids who were both in the hospital for seperate things but they are both in the process of being adopted by the same family I was so touched by that mother and father and how willing they are to open their home to these special needs children. They have 3 other children at home. Another little girl had a serious stroke 2 days before general conference but she is already gaining most of her movement back she was so independent and didn't want anyone to do anything for her. I love to go and see these families their faith is so strong I feel like my testimony is strengthened just by being around them!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I loved living on University housing. Our summers were full of barbecues, but my favorite was the dessert potlucks we did once a month. I loved having people close that knew what you were going through. I really miss having that, especially right now.
Post a Comment