November 4, 2008

New Apartment!

Wow! What a crazy past few weeks!! We are finally in a more permanant place! My close friends know that I was NOT looking forward to this move! But I must admit now that we are here I feel like I finally have a home here in Salt lake! My husband has been very supportive of me this last week and a half! We are living in the west village at the U of U. The first time i took the shuttle to the trax station Dallin went with me and it seemed easy enough assuming there were only the green and purple shuttles. However it turns out that there are at least 3 other colors so i got off the train confident that i would be able to find my way home by just getting on the next shuttle to appear. Well a shuttle came so i got on the snow had blocked out the color so i assumed it was purple. i got on and we started going it did not take long to figure out that i was not going the right direction. I sent my husband a text telling him i was lost. He asked me where i was and i said i thought i was on a blue shuttle and i didn't know how to get back. I was too scared to get off the shuttle because i had no idea where the different shuttles stop because each shuttle has a different map and i only had the green and purple map. I felt really dumb because i was on the shuttle so long. My wonderful husband came to the rescue and told me where to get off and there he was standing there. I have never been more happy to see him. I know better now so hopefully that will not happen again. Everything else is going good. I am very happy here and i can see myself making friends here. I am glad now for the move but I am even more glad that the election is over and we can now go back to having conversations that do not attack other peoples beliefs and tear them down. That is all i will say about the election.

No comments: