December 30, 2008

Memories of Grandma!

So lately I have been thinking about grandma alot maybe it is because of the holiday season but today I had an overwhelming memory of grandma. For my wedding someone gave me a griddle which i just love because I never felt like I had enough cooking places and now I do. Well today I started making breakfast on it and I don't know what it was but the smell of the bacon cooking made me remember when we were younger and we would be in Manti for the summer when grandma was well enough we would all go outside and she would make us breakfast on the big griddle outside. Those were always days I looked forward to because it was so much fun to eat breakfast outside and to watch grandma prepare it for us. I don't remember the last time we did this but I remember her going back to bed afterwards. Also about a 2 weeks ago my mom was having some kids over for lunch and she wanted me to get Cheetos to give them I picked out the puffy kind and of course I will always associate those with grandma because she always had them and she would let us sit in her pretty bed with her and eat Cheetos I know it has been along time and i probably dont remember things exactly because i was 11 or 12 when she died so feel free to correct me if I dont remember correctly. I love you all and hope you had a very merry christmas!

1 comment:

Grandma Bailey said...

It doesn't matter if you remember something correctly or not - it is your memory. I am sure I don't remember things exactly the same way your mom does (I am sure my memories are much better than your Mom's though!) I believe peoples memories are part of us because they are how we percieve things. I have always felt bad that you didn't know Grandma when she was healthier. She was an amazing woman. That was a luxury our daughters had but for a very short time. Grandma did love all of her grandchildren very much. Sometimes she had a hard time showing it when she started getting really sick. Now she is with is whenever we need her. How lucky are we?!