July 30, 2009

Working Girl!!

So A few weeks ago I found out one of the girls I work with was going to be quiting (today was her last day) I talked to my Penny (one of the bosses) And told her I would be interested in the full time position well she said she would tell her husband Derrick. Well about a week and a half passed and I hadn't heard anything. Then when I got back from my day off last monday I found out they had given the job to someone else. I was really disapointed after all of the extra hours I had put in this past month they gave the job to someone else. well I was really disapointed until 2 days ago when I got an email about a job that just oppened up in the apartment complex where I live It would work into my schedule and I thought great I will apply for this job and see what happens with that. well after thinking about it I decided to talk to penny one more time and find out if there was ANY chance of me going full time soon and if there wasn't I was going to start looking for an afternoon job so I couldn't put in the extra hours anymore. she told me that she thought Derrick had been planning on putting me full time and that she would talk to him and then let me know that was yesterday. well today derrick didn't say anything to me about it so I thought penny had forgotten, wel as I was leaving today Derrick came to give me my paycheck and he said that Penny had told him that I was ready to go full time. And I said yes if I could that would be great! and he said Can you start monday!! I said what? he repeated his question and I said Yeah that would be great He gave me a choice of 3 schedules I am so excited!! I have been there like 6 months now! and I am so happy because this is a Benefited position!! I am SO happy!

2 comments:

Cari said...

Congratulations! I am so proud of you!

Heidi Noel said...

That is super exciting. I am happy for you. When will you know where you are going for med school?

Where is your 57 things? :)