February 27, 2010
perfect date night!!
Tonight for our date Dallin and I went and served dinner at the homeless shelter. It was wonderful it truly makes me grateful for everything that I have. There were family's and older people, teenagers and even some nicer dressed people there were people in wheel chairs and little children. I have never done that before and I hope to have the chance to do it again. It was tiring but the people were all SO nice. When one guy found out that we were LDS he asked us how he could join up with those fundamentalist Mormons I told him that I had absolutely NO IDEA! because we aren't affiliated with them!! another man told us he used to attend church in our building a long time ago. 4 men told me I was pretty and I cant figure out why when a homeless man tells me that I'm pretty I can immediately say thank you but when dallin says it I don't believe him!! but they only said it when dallin wasn't with me. Dallin says its because he is SO intimidating (I'm not sure that's it) I am so thankful that we had that opportunity to go and do that it was definantly a humbling experience I don't think that I have ever done service where I can see the difference I am making usually its making blankets or knitting hats and someone else gets to be the one to hear the expressions of gratitude and feel the appreciation that the people have. I loved the feeling of being needed and knowing that I was working for a good cause. I never realised how much the salvation army actually does. I never paid attention to where the extra food from costco goes dallin buys muffins from costco every other week and that was the exact thing that we were giving these people for dessert it really made me think! That is definantly one of the best dates I have ever been on!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment