Sadly I have come to depend too much on frozen food from costco... I eat something from my freezer everyday and I hardly ever cook anymore which is something I LOVE to do!! therefore I have made a goal starting today I am not going to just heat up a frozen burrito in the microwave I am actually going to cook dinners for a whole week and make enough leftover for lunch the next day!!! (which is no small amount of food if you have ever seen my husband eat!!) today for dinner I made spaghetti but not with just any noodles I made homemade egg yolkless noodles which are healthier than normal noodles!! When I was younger I used to LOVE making noodles I still do! My favorite present from my wedding was the pasta maker it was from the judge who made it possible for us to get married. when we first got married every sunday I made noodles then it slowed down to maybe once a month until now it has been about 6 or 7 months since i have made them I love the taste and the texture of them they are more filling than store bought noodles and They make REALLY good chicken soup!!
Well that is my goal I will let you know how it goes!!!
p.s. I am open to trying new recipes if you have any good ones I would love to try them!!
6 comments:
That sounds like a really good goal. I made something today but it wasn't healthy, it was homemade oreos. But they were good!
We've been trying to cook healthier at home, too. I think I want a pasta maker! My mom used to make the yummiest noodles for her chicken noodle soup!
Yum yum yum! I love you!
I have only found a pasta maker on Amazon, but I want one. I am just not sure what brand to get.
I am trying to cook things too! We are so cool! :)
I love you
I've been cooking dinner almost every night for a few weeks now and I LOVE it. Mitchell bought me a cookbook and I'm going to try to make all the recipes (except the coffee, tea, and alcohol ones, of course). It's been so much fun and really crazy, too. We've had some interesting foods.
Post a Comment